2012 Tokyo Hanami Season Tour – Roppongi Hills
Please note that at the close of the tour we will have a vote on best hanami spots and photos so please submit your photo to our Flickr community to participate. Real Estate Japan Hanami 2012 on Flickr
Roppongi Hills may not be on the top of the list for Tokyo’s best hanami destinations, but it has a famous park and garden with plenty of cherry trees which attract many viewers during hanami season. It is certainly a popular hanami destination for those living or working in central Tokyo around Roppongi and Azabu as it offers a beautiful retreat with gardens and public spaces. Cheery trees surround the pond in Mori garden and line Keyakizaka street which runs through the residences behind the main street of Roppongi Hills.
Roppongi Hills is a mega-complex and flagship development of the late Minoru Mori. Opened in 2003, the concept of “a city within a city” brings together office space, apartments, shops, restaurants, cafés, movie theaters, a museum, a hotel, a major TV studio, an outdoor amphitheater, and a few parks. The idea being that people could cut down on commute time by living and working within one large complex. Consolidating offices, shopping and residences allows for more parks and garden space for everyone to enjoy.
Keyakizaka street which runs along the south side through several of Roppongi Hills residences is lined with beautiful cherry trees.
Roppongi Hills is accessible from Roppongi & Azabu-Juban stations
- Metro Roppongi Station – 5 min. – Metro Hibiya Line, Toei Oedo Line
- Metro Azabu-Juban Station – 10 min. – Metro Namboku Line, Toei Oedo Line
Properties in this area:
- 1LDK Mansion in Minato-ku, Tokyo
- 2LDK Mansion in Minato-ku, Tokyo
- 3LDK Apartment in Minato-ku, Tokyo
- 2012 Tokyo Hanami Season Tour Part 1
- 2012 Tokyo Hanami Season Tour – Sumida River
- 2012 Tokyo Hanami Season Tour – Chidorigafuchi Park